Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be Ready, for the Lord is Coming...

Today's Readings:
Leviticus 4-5
Matthew 24:29-51

"So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming." (Matthew 24:42)

Tonight at Epic Jv (middle school group) I shared Ephesians 5:15-17 with kids..."So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do."

Today, as I read Matthew 24, I was reminded about the need to live thoughtfully. We should think carefully about our choices. We should not live life just hoping for the best. We should have a plan. We should think about each day before it happens. My fear, as i work with my middle school students, is that too many of them aren't thinking about life. They don't have a plan for each day. Heck, most adults don't take a careful look at their life and their choices.

How often do I run headlong into life without a thought or a plan...and then wonder why things don't work out.

I want to live a life of purpose and meaning. I want to live a life of joy and peace but it will not happen by accident.

It takes thought, understanding, and effort. I want to make the most of each day by living the life I was created to live and be the man God made me to be.

I like to think I am on the right track...but I need to stay close to the one who gave me His all...

So that when He comes back He might find me doing all the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers